Saturday, February 24, 2018

Self Portraits

At some point in every photographers path to learning they have to do the dreaded self portrait. I personally hate my picture being taken, but it allows me to switch the lights as well as the lens. I set up the home studio extra quick, threw on a bit of makeup, grabbed the Canon 6d mark ii, and set up two lights. My back light was using a white umbrella as the reflector, and my key light was an LED ring light. I was experimenting warm vs cool lighting as well as the lenses. Ignore the fact that I don't always smile or look in the right direction :) There's a reason I am a photographer and not a model.

Photos were all taken at 1/160s
ISO: auto

Post edit: camera raw only for these using auto settings:







So from there I selected my favorite and went crazy on the retouching :)

I apparently decided that I likes the Macro 105:



No comments:

Post a Comment